Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've created an user ... but I don't get schema ! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benouche

Programmer
Aug 6, 2002
FR
Hello,

I'm under Oracle 8i.
I've created a database, then a user, but I remain unable to create the corresponding schema.

I thought the creation of schema was automatic ...
I tried to create one directly, or by modifying the user profile but ... no way.

What can I do ???

Do you mean that user's schema contains no objects? How do you know that you're "unable to create schema".

there is no user's schema !!!

I performed it in DBA Studio.

I've created a user, I expected to have also a schema created (with user name).

But no. I can connect DB as user/pwd, but user is not present in my list of schemas ...

I went all over DBAStudio (with which I have no experience ..) and I didn't found anything.

Any help hotly welcome !!!

I'm afraid you have a serious misconception of what a schema is or how DBA Studio works, perhaps both. When you open Schema Manager, you can look at a list of (for example) all schemas that own tables in your database. If an id hasn't created any tables yet, it won't show up in the list.

There is no reason to expect a new id to show up in the list of schema owners. On the contrary, there is no chance it will appear until you start using the id to create objects. You haven't done this, so DBA Studio is accurately reflecting that the new id doesn't own anything.

Thanks Karluk !

you were right on all the points [wink] !!!

it works fine now.

Benouche

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back