Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've been working on a major Crys

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmt4331

Programmer
Dec 18, 2000
US

I've been working on a major Crystal Reports project using 8.0, and I've decided now that each group, I want to start on the next page. I tried the "Group" in the menu, but the "OK" button is grayed out because I want to change the attributes to the grouping on the same field that I grouped on a couple days ago. How can I change this where I can have a new group start at the beginning of the next page? Thx.

You can do this using the Section Expert.

Format, Section.
Highlight the section that you want to start on the next page.
Click the X+2 button next "New Page Before".
Add "Not onfirstrecord" to the Section Formual Editor"

This will force a new page before that section prints. The "not onfirstrecord" will keep the first page from just containing the Report Header and Page Header sections.

~Brian

Thx for your help. It worked. How can I find more about simple formulas like that? CR manuals only go so far. Thank you.

Mark

There are good books out there that help.
"Crystal Reports, The Complete Reference" and "Crystal Reports Professional Results" both by George Peck.

Also, when you are in the formula editor, you can expand the different categories under Functions to see what is out there for you to use. The help files will help you reinforce how to use them.

You can slo peruse the Crystal forums here. There is a lot of good examples of how to use formulas and built in functions.

~Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back