Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've been handed the phone system to reconfigure, Couple of ?s

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougWare

Programmer
Mar 3, 2009
US
Again, I'm new to our Norstar-PLUS Meridian PBX and our Call Pilot.

I've managed to get an automated attendant working on the Call Pilot, with a simple "Press 1 for Sales, Press 2 for Support" type message and have it forward to the correct numbers.

I've also managed to setup a Hunt Group for the Support extension.

However, I have three questions I need to have answered to complete this project. I have the manuals, so I'm not looking for exact step-by-step instructions. I just need to know "Create a Hunt Group, Set Hunt Group, etc).

1. How can you determine which voicemail box a broadcast hunt group ends up in?
2. How can I use an CCR tree that allows dialing by extension and dial by directory? We want something along the lines of "Dial 1 to dial by extension, 2 for sales, 3 for support and 4 for our dial by name directory".
3. I need the phone display to show either the number the DID the person called (so we know which business they are calling about when they call) or even a business name associated with that DID. I've seen several posts about setting up a DN for that purpose, I'm guessing that's a "Phantom DN"? How can I use that to accomplish this?

I appreciate your help, I have a couple of years of Asterisk experience so the PBX project was handed to me. I've come a long ways in a couple of days, but management is on me to wrap this up.

1.It's under Overflow, and the timing is Queue Timeout.

2.Simple answer is you don't need to. Dial by DN is automatic at the start of the AA Greeting. Pound (#) is the built-in prompt for Directory.

3. It would be the name you assign to the incoming Target Line (DID). But, the default display is CLID name. You need to change to Line Name.

"Adversity is Opportunity

I've gotten #1 taken care of now....

I understand #2 and we are changing our call tree script to accommodate this limitation.

On #3, I've assigned names to the lines and if I block my caller id and call it, it shows "brand x calling". However, if I call in without blocking my caller id, it shows the phone number with a "->1945", because it's been transferred from the Call Pilot. Management would like to leave caller id enabled (I think you can turn caller id off on the trunk, even though the telco provides it) and have it show the caller id with "->brandx", "->brandy", "->brandz". Is there anyway to accomplish that?

One final question, we need some extensions to have to have more than one voicemail box. The personal mailbox, brand A mailbox, brand B mailbox, brand C mailbox. I know how to set these up and access them. How can I make I make all 4 mailboxes show a MWI on one extension. Isn't it possible to have a Call Pilot send the message in an e-mail? I thought I saw that somewhere, but I can't find the option to configure it. That would work also, if it can be done.

Thanks for the info,
Doug

3. You have 3 choices on your display from an incoming call, CLID #, CLID Name, Line Name.

4. Quick answer is no. But, you could use Message Notification to alert a single mbox of satellite mboxs receiving a message.

P.S. If your handle is your name, did you go to Jr. HS in SoCal?

"Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back