Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IUSR Account probs in OWA, IIS & Exchange 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

sevi

IS-IT--Management
Jan 29, 2002
GB
I’m trying to set up OWA for my exchange server. My instructions show to add the IUSR_Machine_Name account to the anonymous access under the DC Site Configuration. I cannot find this account because it is a local account on my IIS server, which is only a member server. Is this correct or have I done something wrong, and if so what should I have done?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey Sanorton,

I posted pretty much the same question and could not find an answer.

When I installed IIS 5.0 the user account was created locally on the server rather than in the domain because the machine was not a DC. I simply created a user in the domain with the IUSR_Machine_Name name and configured Exchange 5.5 using this global user. As such, my OWA server has both a IUSR_Machine_Name global and local user.

It works so far within our LAN. I have not yet gotten to the point where I can test it with external users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back