Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ITSP Domain Name and DNS name Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

dessertman

Technical User
Sep 27, 2009
SA
Hi All,
I have received below information from the SIP service provider to configure a SIP trunk.

Username=+12345677@xx.yyy.com.zz;
Password:11111111;
Customer IP address= 10.10.10.10;
Gateay =10.10.10.1;

SIP Server IP address = 10.11.11.11;

I haven't received ITSP domain name. But it seems like xx.yyy.com.zz in above user name.
However this domain name is not resolved by DNS.

(A) What should I used for the ITSP Domain name?
1. xx.yyy.com.zz
2. SIP Server IP address = 10.11.11.11
3. keep it blank

(B) Should the ITSP domain name be resolved by DNS? or it just something sent as text for identification?

Appreciate Help.

Did the SIP provider install an SBC on site. If so you point your ITSP to the IP address of the SBC.

We have to setup Avaya SBCE. Thanks for the tip. We will point SIP domain to the SBCE as you suggest.

Just checked, In SBCE SIP server configuration, there are settings for SIP domain and IP address.
Do we have to specify SIP Domain (text format) there?

I normally do not configure the SBC. You should only have to enter the ITSP Domain name on the IP Office SIP ITSP Domain Name. Make sure you have the DNS configured on the System tab.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back