Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ither convert to OOo or continue to use MS,wordperfect

Status
Not open for further replies.

duah55

Vendor
Jan 23, 2005
BM
My new dell,came with wordperfect 12,but some docs I have to open ,must be read in MS word,or I cant get all data. SO I tried using all 3 at once,but seems that wordperfect 12 and MS word do not co exist on same PC!
so I went back to OOo, but it keeps asking me to save -previous word format as .swx, that means il have duplicates, is that what we have to do, stick with one?

a previous thread said "You should either convert to OOo or continue to use MS

For a given document, this prompt should only be presented the first time you try to save it in MSO format. After the first time, it will saved as a MSO file without prompting. Maybe that's only if you haven't done anything to it with MSO in between. I can't test that.

Have you tried the menu settings in Tools > Options > Load/Save > Microsoft Office to see if they help?

HTH,
Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back