Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ITG cards load. 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

steyler

Technical User
Jul 6, 2003
US
Does anyone know which load/loads to use when configuring an ITG card? How many IP addresses does each card require. Any information would be a big help.

ITG cards are configured in Optivity...It has probably been 2 or 3 years since I visited this. I believe there are 3 IP addresses needed...one for the t-lan, one for the Clan and one for the elan.

You have to configure the ITG card through it's maintenance port. It should have two, one on the face of the card and another on the connector/cable that connects to your backplace. You then have to do the actuall ITG software configuration in OTM and then download them to the card.

Fonchick was right about the IP addresses. You need one for your Node(Tlan), one for the card(Clan), and one for the Management Lan (ELAN). It's is absolutely necessary for the Elan and Tlan/Clan addresses to be in different subnets.

Example:

Node: 10.10.1.50
Voice(Card): 10.10.1.51
Management: 137.135.128.250

The ITG software will not boot properly if the addresses are all in the same subnet. You Node and voice IP addresses should be static addresses on your network. The ELAN address should be in the same subnet as your switch. I also recommend on your OTMM pc to have 2 NIC cards, one on your Node's subnet and the other on the ELAN subnet. That way you can manage your ITG cards and PBX over the ELAN and still access the OTM PC/Web portal over your LAN.

I set these up pretty regularly, and have seen a lot of the bugs and other issues they can give, so if you need some help let me know.

I want to know if I want to manage My Meridian through NNM placed in some different network than ELAN & CLAN/TLAN.What I have to do so that I am able to stablish communication between NNM server ELAN & TLAN.(i.e I am able to ping my NNM server,TLAN & ELAN from Meridian console.Pls help me.

Thanks atoscoman. I'll see if I can gain access to OTM and reply to this thread with any issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back