Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Item Vendor selection failed to show correctly in IMINVLOC_Sql.vendor field

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBHILLS

Technical User
Nov 9, 2012
US
Iminvvend_s5o7bz.jpg
thread639-1614078 I went through 6 tests to attempt to change the data returned in the "Vendor" field in IMINVLOC . No matter which or how I selected a vendor, it displayed wrong. I added multiple "Item Vendor" setups, and changed the "Primary / Secondary, Approved fields, I also tried the Use /Do not use ...no matter! the system always returned the first item vendor that was setup. I even deleted the original Item Vendor Setup and it still wrongly displayed the original Vendor that was first setup historically. MAC10

Please clarify - the Item Location (IMINVLOC) is not retaining the default vendor when you change it, or when you change the Item Vendor Master (POITMVND)?

Changing the Item Vendor Master will never update the Item Location's default vendor, nor should it. You must go directly to the Item Location record and manually change it there. This field is only used by MRP to create unreleased POs.

If you want the Primary source from the Item Vendor Master to update the primary vendor in the Item Location, you'll have to write some SQL.

Macola Software Veteran and SAP Business One Consultant on Training Wheels

Check out our Macola tools:

" The purpose of the test was to get the IMINVLOC table to show the correct vendor the material was PURCHASED & RECEIVED from. I am proposing that the Iminvloc_sql. Vendor_no field always ignores the actual source of the material and defaults to the first vendor receipt of material ever used, that had an Item-vendor setup. This defaults back to the original vendor regardless who you subsequently bought material from. Even if you delete the original Item-Vendor setup.

poitmvnd_UAT_rmuom0.jpg

In this test the original item-vendor was “BASF” from years ago. In the test, Different vendors were then added using item-vendor setup. A PO was cut and received for each. Then I would go back to the IMINVLOC_sql.vend_no field to see what Vendor showed up? Always the original"BASF" name. None of the first 4 PO’s with mat’l on hand is purchased from BASF.

Actual vendors:
IMLSMT_Pohdrhst_ilzfnw.jpg

As Don stated - the primary vendor on the location file has nothing to do with the vendor(s) setup in the item/vendor area. If you want the primary vendor to change in the location file your options are to manually change it, or write something in SQL (trigger, scheduled stored procedure) to update it for you.

Peter Shirley

Thanks, I'll consider a stored proc. to update the vendor field according to receipt transaction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back