Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Item Master freezes when using custom app??

Status
Not open for further replies.

toomes1

Technical User
May 12, 2005
US
This question might be beyond the scope of what this forum is for but here goes,,,we have something call a product locator it is a custom app and we use it to locate products which then populate our item master screen or item locator screen once the product is located and selected. The app is loaded by pressing F12 one you have loaded either the item master or the locator,,,,the problem is if you have the product locator sceen open as well as the item master which would be a common event if you move between the two sometimes the item master screen will paint really slow if at all and then that portion of macola freezes. Ussually after selecting an item having it populate the item master then hitting escape and returning to the product locator??? Any ideas why this might be happening??

I would run file validation reports on the IMITMIDX and IMINVLOC tables. Resolve all errors on the reports.

Just out of curiousity, what does the item locator do again? Just find the item in a list of existing item master records?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

How would I go about running file validation reports?? I was referring to Item/Location not item locator I guess that does not exist.

What is the custom application you have running? I think your repaint may be a combination of video horsepower and record locking between macola and this custom application.

Andy Baldwin

"Testing is the most overlooked programming language on the books!

File Validations are under System manager, Maintain, System Utilities, File Validation.

Andy has a good point, especially if you are using Pervasive. So what version of Macola and what database platform (SQL or Pervasive) and version are you running on?

Software Sales, Training, Implementation and Support for Macola, eSynergy, and Crystal Reports

I'm running those reports how do I identify and resolve the errors?

The reports are pretty straightforward, they tell you what to do. If it says "Buyer Planner record not on file", then assign it a valid buyer planner record.

If you have a specific question, please post the error message you are getting.

If your database is not cleaned up this can take a LONG time to do, so hopefully you can run some SQL statements to make short work of it.

I think that your problem may be with the product locater code. Please varify for me one thing. Does the Macola screen stay locked up, paint slow, etc.. so long as the product locater is open? After closing the product locater does everything go back to normal? If this is the case the product locater is locking up Macola because it is being launched from Macola in process instead of out of process. What that means is that Macola is waiting for the code that initiates the product locater to finish running before repainting, allowing user interaction, etc... The in process product locator program does not complete running until it is closed and the control is passed back to Macola.

This is not really a bug, because the point I'm sure of the product locator is to pass back to the item number field an item number. In order to do this properly the program must run in process. If you want to run the program as a standalone as well, I would suggest speaking to your customization developer.

I know much of this is in programmer speak, so please let me know if you need any clarification.

Scott Travis
infoSpring, LLC.

That snds like what might be happening I'll pass off that idea to our programmer,,,thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back