Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IT shaking world politics 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

reliancetech

Technical User
Sep 7, 2004
US
IT is set to restructure world politics. The news few hours back says "China will support Indias bid for permanant member of United Nations Security Council (UNSC)." This is said by Chinise Prime-minister Mr. Wen Jiabao .

Intresting facts are ... In his visit to india last week he directly visited Bangalore and Mumbai ( IT hubs of India ) before visiting New Delhi.

China is seeking some help from India in IT support improvement. Number of Indian Institues are already working in China. IBM India is also doing number of projects for China.

Other fact to remember is India and China are not having good political relations due to Tibet and Dalai Lama factore.

So the statement of chinies premier is relay a revolution and change.

==> It should certainly quit New York and go somewhere more neutral.

Given that the land on which the UN resides is NOT part of the USA, and further given the diplomatic immunity provided to the US delegations when inside the city, where else might they want to go? Who else would allow them to so feeely trample on their host country?

Not to imply that the US is neutral, but who on earth is? Outside of Antarctica, where would they be more neutral?

Good Luck
--------------
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

In any case, I would not lose any sleep if the UN were to move to London.

Good Luck
--------------
To get the most from your Tek-Tips experience, please read FAQ181-2886
As a circle of light increases so does the circumference of darkness around it. - Albert Einstein

I realize the UN which is in Manhattan is not US territory (because it is UN property), but if it wasn't, it would be valuable property for the owner. The Manhattan property of the UN is like the land in Cuba where Guanatamo sits. It's in Cuba but they don't control it.

Switzerland always touts their neutrality - seems like a good location to me.

I think France would be a more appropriate host for the UN. Can we move it there immediately?

KB

Do we realy need UN???? What does it do???

As a command person I can not see any work doen from UN.... They are the one who form to keep the world together but failed all the times ... Anyone knows UN stops a war between two UN nations.... Any other good did ..

I don't know

The UN should move to some poor country on Earth so that we can boost their economy. Then, move the headquarters every 10 years or so to help another poor country.

-------------------------
The trouble with doing something right the first time is that noboby appreciates how difficult it was.
- Steven Wright

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back