Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

it is urgent!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitika

Programmer
Mar 22, 2002
IN
hi

i am having a table having a memo field.
It is having alink with other table. for one entry in primary table I have a number of entries in the secondary table & i want to display only the last record corresponding to that particular key.

How it can be done.
It is urgent.
Can u plz tell me

Thanx in advance

On your Field Tab in your query, you have to check the "Select Distinct Values" so that it will only display one entry pertaining to that particular record.

Hope this helps.

Hi Fccc
thanx for the reply.
I want to have just the last record & all field values in the secondary table corresponding to the key are distinct.
So how can i get the last record.
Since every field value corresponding to the key are distinct.So if i will do the solutiopn suggested by u then also it will take all the fields.
So plz tell me

Nitika

If I understand you correctly...in SQL you would probably select the latest record in the filtered set by using Max(Field Name). So if you had 10 records each with their own usable unique ID field, for instance InvoiceNo, this would be Max(InvoiceNo). I'm not sure how this might translate to Crystal.

One approach is to sort all records from earliest to latest,
and group by the primary table key.
The detail section would now show all records, but suppress the detail section and drag the fields into the group footer.

The group footer always shows the fields from the last record within that group...

hth,
- Ido ixm7@psu.edu

Hi Ido,
Thanx for the reply. now my problem has got solved.
It is working fine now.

Nitika

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back