Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IT/IS - Bored... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cryptospy

MIS
May 22, 2001
CA
Okay, I don't know if this happens to many of you, but I've found that when things are working perfectly, which they seem to have been the last couple of days, I've been quite bored, sitting, staring at my monitor, monitoring the connections. What do you recomend I do during the day that things are working. Surf? Read my manuals so much before I go bug-eyed.

Cryptospy

Glen,..
Been there, Done that, Bought the T-Shirt.
(thank god they only had 20 machines)

Good Luck, (I have a feeling your gonna need it)
Andrew Billits

I am. Admins didn't keep up the Novell, so we're on Novell 4.0. If theyd'e have kept up with the newer versions and used Novell Directory Services, we would either not be switching, or using ms software to do it automatically. 250 users, twice as many groups. Have most of the programs running on the new server, have the users set up in ad, now I'm finishing up with the groups. Last to do is set up the directory on the new server, so people can save their stuff to the network. Boss wants the file structure to look like novell, (Without the 15 mapped drives that load from novell when you log on), and doesn't want the users to see any difference.

[soapbox] [cannon] [machinegun] Glen A. Johnson
Microsoft Certified Professional
glen@nellsgiftbox.com
[americanflag]

"There is nothing like a dream to create the future."
Victor Hugo (1802-1885); French writer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back