Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtomicDon

MIS
Feb 16, 2009
US
Does anyone know of a way to narrow down intermittent issues with forwarding. On occasion, and unable to reliably duplicate, some of our forwarding does not work. We can receive one forwarded call then the next will go to system voicemail then the next will go to forward. One phone with the issue is in office, another with the issue is a VP who is in teleworker mode remote.
Has anybody experienced this and have a fix?

We have an SX-200 ICP running 4.0.5.17

If you gave a clearer breakdown of the forwarding then it might be easier to advise you.

e.g.
set a is forwarded to b
Set b is forwarded to VM

Call Set A, Call sometimes goes to VM (for set A), sometimes to Set B.

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Hi, also what are the call forward modes for call forward always, call forward busy and call forward no answer.

I've run into issues where an employee has left the company, set a CFA to they're bosses line. If s/he is there and they answer, they get the call. If they don't pick up, it will revert back to the originating call forwarder.

kwb advised me this is the nature of the 200. What he recommended I do is toast the x employees ext and program a key on the forwardee's set. If s/he doesn't pickup, it will go to their VM. This solved the problem.

Hope I'm not confusing the issue.

Jim

They are set to forward always and being forwarded to cell phones. Most of the time it appears that forwarding works. Other times it does not ring to the cell at all. I have troubleshot with both the cell phone provider and our PRI provider and cannot find any faults. The only thing left is the Mitel system.

So unit a is set to forward to cell b.
Unit c is set to forward to cell d.
A goes to b most of the time but sometimes does not while forward all is active.
same happens with unit c forwarding to cell d.

How's the traffic on your trunks? Won't work if all your lines are already in use.

Ralph

What you need to do it test every scenario of how the call can get to the phone before forwarding.

With Set Idle:
Direct call via trunk to set
General Call via trunk to switchboard then transfer to set
Direct call to alternate station via trunk then transfer to set
Internal call to set from station
Internal call to set from Console
Outbound call from any set then transfer to set.

Now repeat with set busy:

Occam's Razor - All things being equal, the simplest solution is the right one.

Hi,

What type of voicemail? If it is external then there may be a speed bin associated with that VM. You may have bad ports on the voicemail.

In form 9 you can also review call forwarding:
Esc 5- More
Esc 2-review
Esc 1-call forwarding

What is programmed there?

In form 19 do you have DID call routing for this tenant programmed? it should be blank.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back