Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with Blind Tranfer from Att. to HG with Forced Announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.

P_Dam TelCom

IS-IT--Management
Feb 27, 2019
US

P_Dam TelCom (IS/IT--Management)
(OP)
20 May 21 13:44
Running Avaya Aura CM6.

I have had a Hunt Group working for the IT Service Desk (ITSD) for some time, and with some recent tweaks recently discovered on this site
it appears to be working 100% correctly. That is until such time as IT Management asked me to play an Announcement prior to callers getting into the HG. I made the recording, call in and hear the recording, then go into the HG. All good! I learned here to set the delay timer to 0 to force it to play before hunting began.

We now have realized a problem that EVERY time the Attendant does a blind transfer of a caller to the HG extension WITHOUT her listening to the entire Announcement, the call gets dropped 100% of the time. I can call one extension from another and successfully do a blind transfer to the ITSD HG W/O waiting for the Announcement to complete; call never gets dropped. If I remove the Announcement, the Blind Transfer from the Attendant console completes.

Any idea's what I can do to allow the Attendant to complete a Blind Transfer of a caller, either on or off campus, to the ITSD HG?
What information do I need to provide you to enable you to help me?

Thanks,

Have you performed a trace of the attendant to see what is happening with the call?

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Thanks Stinney, I have not tried that as yet. Is the command "list trace att1"?
We are not 100% back to all-hands on-campus as yet so will have to coordinate a time to test when the switchboard attendant is here.

Thanks again and I'll post the results when they are available.
Terry

Space after att and before the 1

list trace att 1

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back