Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues with BEM - caused by new Java updates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

curlycord

Programmer
Sep 22, 2002
Toronto, Canada
Edit:
Old Subject: Issues with BEM - maybe caused by Win10 21H1 updates
Turns out it was new Java updates
See an update tidbit in my 2nd post and/or view the update FAQ: under Option 1

Business Element Manager would not connect to any of my sites on both of my PC's (Win 10/64)
Both are identical in the way of windows 10 updates.

I had only java version jre8u301 installed on both.

I verified MD5 references were removed in the java.security files
I tried both 32bit, 64bit versions of:
jre8u291
jre8u301

I loaded a much older version of java jre7u79
Then went to java console/java/view/ and disabled jre8u301 and/or jre8u291, this did not work for some reason.
I then uninstalled jre8u301 and jre8u291 but not jre7u7, still installed...and BEM finally worked.
So current status is only jre7u7 64bit is installed, just like the fix from a few years ago.

What did change over the long weekend was I updated both Win 10's

Under Feature Updates: Feature update to Windows 10, version 21H1
And
Under Quality Updates: Update for Windows 10 Version 21H1 for x64 based Systems (KB4023057)
And
Under Other Updates: Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 version 21H1 for x64 based Systems (KB5005101

This weekend I might try uninstalling the updates one by one to see if any of them were a culprit.

If anyone can please check if they are running jre8u301 (1.8.0_301) OK, and note if you have any of the updates I listed above.

Thanks

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

A windows update wll create a restore point to just before the update. You can try the restore and see if that fixes it.

Marv ccna

Hello Curly

I had a problem recently like yours and I had to compare the java.security file from another computer that works OK.
I think I found that there were other aditions such as TLS or TTLS etc near to some off the MD5 prompts that we usually remove.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

Thanks for replies...

Firebird, lot of tls but it was TLSv1, TLSv1.1, that I removed and now works, thanks for the tip!
It was in the 3rd reference of MDS which is the line that has "MD5withRSA:
jdk.tls.disabledAlgorithms=SSLv3, [highlight #FCE94F]TLSv1, TLSv1.1,[/highlight] RC4, DES, MD5withRSA,
I have updated our FAQ's section with this update.

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, Canada

Add me to LinkedIN

Hello Curly

That was it, those two prompts. It's been there for the last couple of Java releases. Glad you got it sorted OK.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website = linkedin

So there is a new security file for Java now? can you share the new security file?
thanks
Nikos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back