Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues - vm, fwd busy, hg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Twinky101

Technical User
Aug 26, 2009
CA
My phone system is set up thus:
8 incoming lines
all lines go to Reception
if reception is busy, they go to Set Two Reception
if Set Two Reception is busy the incoming call goes to Set Two Voicemail. All sets (*all* sets) are set up to fwd busy vm. Thats the way they want it. Fine.
But obviously this is not working as only two calls can get through at a time. I have tried to deal with this in a couple of other posts, but nothing is working, including my head anymore.
I spent one whole day downloading all the PDF manuals for the bcm450 and tried to set up a hunt group HG01.
Its not working. The initial configuration holds, but each phone in the group now has a button on their phone called "hunt group" - and no one knows what its for or how to use it. How the heck do I get a phone call to go to the bloody hunt group instead of vm? I presume there is some special knowledge that isn't in the manuals that you just have to magically *know* in advance.
Can anybody help me figure this out before my bosses demands make me more bonkers than I already am????

are all lines appearing on the main set (one) rr do they just ring.
if they appear they will ring as many times as you have the set setup for before going to the next set (two), if set 2 does not have any line appearances you will need to add extra intercoms to allow more calls.that goes for the first set too if the lines just ring add more intercom buttons to be able to handle more calls before goin to set 2.

at reception: all lines except 5 are set to "appear & ring"
at set two only line 5 is set to "appear & ring", the rest are "appear only".
the lines at all the other sets in the hunt group are set to "appear only" because the trainer told me that if they weren't then their vm wouldn't work

eta
each set has only two i/c buttons as there are no buttons to spare anywhere.are you saying that we can only have two incoming calls ever at a time because we only have two i/c buttons even though we have eight lines? or am i reading that wrong.

Does anyone have any good news for me and setting up this hunt group? I can provide screen shots if need be. Technically I am in the accounting dept., but they think that because I worked with this system in the past I have the most aptitude for working with it now. I am just finding it super frustrating to deal with the tech trainer guy (who speaks to us really slowly because we are women or something, its very belittling). Right now his solution is to nix the vm on all sets and have it ring everywhere all the time .. which is driving us all crazy.
Please help.

Quick fix, why not hiring a receptionnist that can handle more then one call at a time..
Sorry i had to say it...!

I think best solution for you would to purchase a "one skillset license" and as many "agent licenses" as needed.
That's what we do when installing a Bcm where there is more then one receptionnist, you can even create priorities where the main receptionnist always receive calls when available and then go to the next receptionnist if the first one is busy. In the mean time everyone keep their mailbox and all the phones do not ring at the same time.

we can't do the whole agents and licenses. There isn't more than one receptionist. There's only six of us girls that work here that get dumped on whenever the receptionist can't take a call its apparently our responsibility to get it. This wouldn't be such an issue if we were all in one building, but we arent. we are stuck in two atco trailers. Small ones. One phone ringing in one trailer is irritating enough but to have them *all* ring just makes us want to tear our hair out. We cannot get anything to work and personally I am ready to quit my whole job and leave if it continues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back