Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues in iPECS IP-DECT system GDC-800Bi / GDC-800H (RTX 8660 / 8630)

Status
Not open for further replies.

edgarquadros

Technical User
Jun 30, 2011
BR
Hello friends

I'm having problems with iPECS IP-DECT system GDC-800Bi (O&M by RTX) connected with an iPECS eMG system. We deployed a MultiCell system with 14 base stations and 38 GDC-800H terminals in a factory, taking care of minimal signal strength between base stations to do "Air Sync" correctly (-75 dBm). Since we installed the system, we are having problems with some calls. For example, we start a call between a desk station (analog, digital, or IP) and IP-DECT station, and in some seconds the voice received in IP-DECT terminal starts cutting and then get muted. But, the desk station still can hear the voice from IP-DECT station.
At first, I distrusted the customer's network environment. But after I conduct some network tests, I discovered that the RTP streams are perfect at the front of base stations LAN port.
The RF signal is excellent in the terminal because we are in a few meters from the base stations. This problem can occur in any base station of the system, and in any terminal. We did the same test out of working hours when the system is completely idle, and we could observe the problem also.

Anyone had this or a similar problem also?

BR,
Edgar

BR,
Edgar

Hi!

We are using the latest version of Unified SW, 3.5.17. But I have been this issue since we installed the system, in older versions, like 3.1.7.

Thanks.

BR,
Edgar

you do have enough voip channels on the system yes? the ip dect will take up a voip channel every time you use a handset .

make sure you have single codec use turned on on the sw channels of the emg80 as well . and you are using the same codec accross all the system and channels.

Hi martinhodge!

Yes, we have free VoIP channels enough in the system. We have a VOIB128 with 64 channels just to relay, and we have only 38 IP-DECTs in the system to use it, that is, we never used the top of capacity. We are using just PCMA codec with 20ms of packetization (in both eMG and IP-DECT).
And as I told before, we have the perfect streaming in both ways at the front of the base station (we captured the packets). But in the IP-DECT terminal, we can hear the voice from other user cutting, in some calls.

Thanks.

BR,
Edgar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back