Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues I with syslink router

Status
Not open for further replies.

imryn

Programmer
Dec 2, 2002
US
Hello everyone,

I am dying here, I can not seem to display any web app's on my linux server. I think the issue is my router. However, I had it set up the exact same way as I do my Windows. everyone can see my webserver app's on windows, but not on linux. Does anyone have an idea? I know every thing works as far as displaying the pages. I even turned off the firewall to see if my buddy could get to it externally and he could not. I really and in deep poop, I need this thing to work by friday... :(

cheers,
imryn

Based on the things we discussed in your other thread about this subject thread65-1238534, it's highly likely that your ISP is blocking port 80. Try running the apache server on a different port for testing and try running one of the Windows servers on port 80. Why did the Windows servers both get set up for those alternate ports anyway?

smah,

I set up IIS and Apache on different ports because I want to use my linux server on port 80. But that is a really Great thought! I never imagined that my ISP would've or could've blocked port 80. I will test this to night when I get out of work. Thanks for that thought. I was going to break down my network and test the Linux server by it's self and then add the network pieces back one at a time. This will save me more time this way.

Thanks
imryn

Is your router forwarding port 80 (http) traffic to your linux server?

Yes, according to the other thread that I referenced above.

smah,

I wanted to let you know your right. It seems the Adelphia blocks port 80. So when I changed the port number it did work. :) Thanks for your input and help. The strange thing was it took a few tries to find a port # that Apache would like. When I would restart it keep failing.... it was odd.

Cheers,
imryn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back