Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issues allowing IBM to handle SubFile paging.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fooch

Programmer
Dec 19, 2005
US
If you don't put "pageup", "pagedown", "rollup", or "rolldown" on the display and you just fill the entire subfile before you display the screen, IBM will handle your paging up and down, but is there any way to get the "More..." and "Bottom" words to show up with the subfile when you do it this way? This is a very simple program that may get 50 total records on it's worst week, so populating the whole subfile right off the bad will not hurt efficiency. So I wanted to just allow IBM to handle scrolling so I wouldn't have to deal with all the RRNs and cursors and all that junk. But I can't find a way to show to the user that there are more records to display. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried SFLEND(*MORE) but this is conditional and the screen does not go back into the program with pageup and pagedown so I can't flag it at EOF. Is there anyawy to get this to display. I've already wasted a whole ady on this. Thanks for any help.

Just condition SFLEND(*MORE) with the same indicator you use for SFLDSP. Or, conddition it "not" an indicator that you never turn on (such as N99).

Solum potestis prohibere ignes silvarum.

But if I never turn it on, then the argument will always be true. Every time is displays the screen(granted I use N99) that condition will be true, meaning it will always display "Bottom".

Yes, and you want it to always be true. It will show 'More. . .' if the end of the subfile is not on that page.

Solum potestis prohibere ignes silvarum.

OOO, I misunderstood the syntax then. I thought when it was true it would show "Bottom" (sflEND) and when it was false it would show "More...". I hope that works. Frustrating if I wasted all day on that to find out I had the wrong idea lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back