Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with VM and new Vector. 1

Telemancer

Technical User
Aug 15, 2024
Hello all,
I am having a terrible time with a work extension. I have the Ext. 3*** that covers to a vector with a simple message and two selectable (route-to) options. After the options are finished I need the call to go to the original numbers VM. Is this possible? ZI have the last line set as Messaging (split)? 99 for extension 3***.

My Secondary issue is that since I made changes to the line the end-user cannot access the VM's still showing in the inbox. Is this because I have coverage to a vector?

Aura 10.1
Skill proficiency: Low

It looks like Coverage Path 152 is what's supposed to route unanswered calls to your vector.
Make sure Coverage Path 152 has "Vxxxx" as Coverage Point 1 and "H99" for Coverage Point 2.
The "V" means "cover to VDN " where "xxxx" is the VDN that runs the vector. I seem to recall that the station also needs the voicemail hunt group in the coverage path, too.

It looks like Coverage Path 152 is what's supposed to route unanswered calls to your vector.
Make sure Coverage Path 152 has "Vxxxx" as Coverage Point 1 and "H99" for Coverage Point 2.
The "V" means "cover to VDN " where "xxxx" is the VDN that runs the vector. I seem to recall that the station also needs the voicemail hunt group in the coverage path, too.
Thank you so much for your response! I was just talking with a third party consultant and he had to walk me through my error. I had wrongly assumed that V was the stand in for Vector and was not aware of the VDN, so I was barking up the wrong tree so to speak. He also discovered that the path I had for sending the call to voicemail was "technically" but the extension itself was pointing to the mailbox of a dead number thus calls didn't go there and the user couldn't access them from her phone. Some of what was done was on the consultant side so I do not have the full list of notes on his process otherwise I would post them in case it could help others.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back