Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with TFTP Server 46xxsettings.txt 96xxupgrade.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.

learn2shoot

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2007
US
I have some agents who consistantly Log Out the phone. To remedy this I updated the 46xxsettings.txt file with "SET OPSTAT 110", this fixed the 4621 sets I have but not the 9620s. In the TFTP folder on the TFTP server I have a 96xxupgrade.txt file with one command - "GET 46xxsettings.txt" everything else is commented out. I have tried unplugging, clearing issuing the reset ip-stations ip-phones ipaddr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx command but it just won't take.

What am I missing?

do the 9620s read the file at all from TFTP? I thought they only get them via http.

also let's hope your agents don't figure out they can still log out the phone by hitting mute, then dial LOGOFF :)

regards

Frank

If you are using the /tftpboot directory of an S8300 system, it will support TFTP as well as HTTP(port 811), or HTTPS (port 411) downloads for IP phone firmware. You would need to setup your DHCP Option 242 to point to the S8300 as the source of the files. If you have an S87XX server, it only supports HTTP/HTTPS, not TFTP.

96XX IP phones require HTTP/HTTPS as has already been said.

Mitch

AVAYA Certified Expert

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back