Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with T7220 phone Message lamp on TD1232/TVS100 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DirkPhone

Technical User
Aug 10, 2006
US
I am at my wits end...time to get help. I have a TD1232 (rev1) with a TVS100. about 30 extenstions active, 9 lines. I have 1 extension that deoes not light the message light on new voicemails. All other standard extensions light the message waiting light fine, and you are able to leave and retrieve messaged fine on the bad extension. The mailbox is pointed correctly in the TVS100 and the owner extension is set the same. If I setup a flexible button for the message waiting, it also does not light upon a new message. What other functions may be keeping the message waiting from lighting?

Thanks in advance, you all are such a wealth of information for helping to learn these systems.

Check Class of Service for this mailbox and make sure MSG waiting notification is turned on.

also all calls transfered to mailbox should be disabled
and double check to see if ext of mailbox owner match
or if there is an entry there!!

The Class of service is the same as all the phones that do work, I only have 3 total CoS setup. I cannot find the MSG waiting notification for a specific extension, but the System Parameter function option to use Msg notification for all messages is set to yes.

The extension owner does match and is the same as the mailbox number.

all calls transfered is set as no. but it does not work as set to yes either.

Is there a System Feature Access option that could be set to prohibit the msg from working?

can you manualy light lights at that ext?

When I use 701xxx I get a message that says "MW Not Accepted"
It looks like it is the only extension that does not work on. Where would it be set to block messages being sent to only that extension.

Ok I found it... That 1 extension was setup in an old Station Hunting group that was set to Hunt VM. Many thanks for the responses to help lead me to the solution.

do a 790# at that ext if you haven't already.what class
of service is this ext in is it in the same cos that
others that mw light works .when you say standard extensions
do you mean single line sets with message waiting lights
trying to get a better picture here!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back