Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with no outbound SMDR records for Twinned calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

AMEnnis

Systems Engineer
Dec 16, 2022
NZ
Server Edition running R11.1.3 Build 23

I am not sure when this started wondering if anyone else has this? I assume all would be impacted all systems but wondering if it might be a local issue.

On twinned calls there is no SMDR record for the outbound leg. When the twinned call is terminated the inbound record is sent with details of the outbound leg. Makes no difference if I enable "Call Splitting for Diverts"

I logged with Avaya but their answer to "Fix" this was to say they would update the documentation to see it doesn't work. WTF

M

Call splitting diverts is the only option available.
When enabled it should send the twinned call

1. Bug in IP Office
2. 3rd party SMDR software issue.

A good test would be to capture the raw data and search for the twinned call. If it's there then it's the SMDR software.

Unfortunately (due to some other configuration being tested and the need to get to a Christmas works dinner shortly) I can currently only test fake mobile twinning to another internal extension, but it is producing two SMDR records for each call.

If the call is answered by the target user, a record for the now abandoned twinning call appears immediately. And the other record appears when the answered call ends.

If the call is answered by the twinning destination, both records appear when the answered call end.

[The records don't include all the extra information for the twinned call but that's probably because it hasn't actually gone out on an external trunk. But definitely two records.]

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Thanks Sizbut

I really appreciate you taking the time to test.

Her is the single line output I get.
2023/12/22 21:51:32,00:00:04,9,0331xxxxx@172.31.29.250,I,6010,0390xxxxx,,0,1000080,0,E6010,TestUser,T9001,Line 1.1,0,0,,,,,,,,,,,,,,192.168.101.100,1107297583,192.168.101.100,1107297590,2023/12/22 08:51:44,0,0 ,0

I wonder if its region related. Hmm

My setup is a J159 or Workplaces and tried both subscription and standard. The systems are cloud based so the end points are NATing (No SBC) but I cant see how this would impact it.

I have a single SIP trunk calls are twinning in and out on the same trunk.

I did log this with Avaya this was their response.
Forward T4 reply to BPE. "Design can change over time... Currently the documentation does not reflect the current changes in design... I can request a documentation change...” I request T4 to update document to avoid confusion for customer
T4 escalated a document update JIRA Document JIRA: IPOFFICE-171350 to Dev team to update SMDR sample document for twinning scenario to avoid customer confusion. In original release there should have 2 SMDR output but in "current" release only 1 SMDR record output

Hey Sizbut

Any chance you can share your test config privately perhaps . No matter what I try it wont work for me. Ia m keen to load your test config and se eif it works in my lab.

FYI I also don't see the call in ACR so its more than just the SMDR interface.

Ta

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back