Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with Mitel and Avaya Interconnection

qin001

Technical User
Sep 7, 2024
大家好,
我目前遇到了 Mitel EX 和 Avaya 之间的互连问题。SIP 集群已成功建立。问题是,当 Mitel SIP 电话呼叫 Avaya 电话时,双方可以正常通信,当 Avaya 回拨时也是如此。另外,当Avaya 分机呼叫但是 Mitel IP 电话时,双方可以正常通信。,当 Mitel IP 电话或操作员控制台呼叫 Avaya 分机时,呼叫会监听,但双方都听不到对方的声音。数据包采集显示音频存在。我们正在使用 G.711U 编解码器。有人遇到过这个问题吗?有什么解决建议吗?

probably best to enter Question in english

"
Hello everyone,
I'm currently having an interconnect issue between Mitel EX and Avaya. The SIP cluster has been successfully established. The problem is, when the Mitel SIP phone calls the Avaya phone, both parties communicate fine, and the same goes when Avaya calls back. In addition, when the Avaya extension calls the Mitel IP phone, both parties can communicate normally. , when a Mitel IP phone or operator console calls an Avaya extension, the call listens, but neither party hears the other. Packet capture shows audio is present. We are using the G.711U codec. Has anyone encountered this problem? Any suggestions for solutions?
"

1 Way or no speech is almost always
a network or firewall problem.

is sip phone in same network as IP phone and console ?
if yes does it have same gateway as them
RTP is peer to peer so every device will need to be able to route its RTP to the avaya

where was the packet capture taken that has the RTP ?

I agree with Biliz66 - almost always 1-way or no-audio issues are a routing issue.

I recently had a site that replaced their DHCP server and the folks didn't set the voice network option 3 for Default Gateway. As phones renewed their lease, they removed the default gateway causing 1-way audio on external calls though a SIP peer through an Adtran router as an SBC.
When I found that the default gateway was missing on the phones, they added it to the DHCP server and restarted the phones in question - this resolved their issue.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back