Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with meeting requests

Status
Not open for further replies.

vassago10

MIS
Jun 20, 2002
US
So this is the problem that a groupd of random users are having :
A user will send a meeting request to me. If i open the request and accept it, without entering text in the response, when the sender receives it goes right to the deelted items folder. If I enter any text, then it works fine.

Any thoughts?

This could be the result of your Outlook settings. Open Outlook help, select the Index tab, and search for "meeting" (no quotes when you type). Scan through the list to find "troubleshoot meetings", and you'll see the following entry that when expanded provides the following info:

I haven't received any meeting responses.

If you selected the "Delete blank voting and meeting responses after processing" check box in the Tracking Options dialog box (on the Tools menu, click Options, click E-mail options, and then click Tracking Options), meeting responses sent to you without comments are tabulated in your original meeting request, and then deleted without appearing in your Inbox. To get them in your Inbox, clear this check box. Meeting responses that include comments always appear in your Inbox.
You may have set up a delegate and selected the "Send meeting requests and responses only to my delegates, not to me" check box on the Delegates tab (on the Tools menu, click Options). To receive meeting responses, clear this check box.
Hope this helps!
Dale Beitz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back