Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with getting from Sig Server to Call server on 7.5 - RCMD error

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTPhoneguy

Technical User
Nov 25, 2005
CA
I login to the Sig Server and then try to login to the Call Server from there.

[XXXX@XXXXXX01 ~]$ cslogin
rcmd: 10.10.10.10: short read[XXXX@XXXXXX01 ~]$

Anyone seen this issue?

System is CS1000M running 7.5 software.

Remote Command Error. Are you in a position to restart the CS app? Is this co-res?

Not is a position to restart it during business hours. 250+ users in this office.

Not co-res. CP-PM for Call Server and CPDC for Sig Server.

if this is not co-res disregard restarting the CS app. Usually a lot quicker on a Co-res system. , you may need to start with a restart on the Sig Server first. for whatever reason it is not able to make the secure connection to the call server.

Just out of curiosity, why not access the Call Server direct?

It is a remote site and I don't have a modem on my new laptop to dial in.

Need sig server access for admin access to reset administrative passwords and so on.

We have 30+ sites running with somewhat older patches for CS and SS but we have an improved image that we run with.

You could segment your ELAN and TLAN on your network. Add your ELAN IP addresses to one VLAN and your TLAN to another and then allow our PC to access the ELAN segment. A little more involved, but an option down the road for you. sorry I couldn't help more.

Instead of cslogin, you should be able to ssh to it. Type the command "ssh xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx" where the "x" is the IP address of the Call Server.

or rlogin direct to the call server if insecure shells are allowed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back