Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue with Avaya Workplace

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arnaud999

Systems Engineer
Feb 1, 2021
BE
Dear all,

I'm working since 6y on IP OFFICE.
with the pandemic, we are working with Avaya Workplace, and we have some issue.
Some inbound call doesn't come !
keepalive is actived (60sec), the rest work perfectly.
It seems like the application don't stay registred everytime (tested on iOS and Android on wifi or 4G).
I'm using R11.1

If someone have an idea, it'll be great !

Thanks in advance,

Arnaud Doyen

PS: sorry for my english, I come from Belgium :)

Sounds like firewall if they are losing registration. Do you have split DNS where internal FQDN resolves locally to the IPO internal IP? (test it from inside the network, using local IP's to rule out the firewall killing it)

What kind of firewall is it traversing from the outside?

Also, Belgium, nice! Send me some beer ;)

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

derfloh, I'll take some of that too, lol.

ACSS-SME
ACIS-SME

Waw, thanks all for fast feedback !

that's not the firewall, i'm 100% (lan2 configured in open internet with directly public IP, no SBC).
It's sometimes on inbound, not on every calls.
Seems on the Application Workplace on smartphone, but I seen nobody with the same problem..

Hi Arnaud999,

I'm working on Workplace too and I had many issues at beginning but most issues solved after using Autogenerated 46xxsetting file. So try that it might help you. also make sure from the routing in IP Route settings.

Hi everyone,

We also have a customer with IPO Server R11.1 and we have problems with Workplace , only on Android smartphones.
They lost Presence Service and sometimes the connection.
The Iphone smartphones work without problem.

Hi Mohamed-IT,

I'm using auto provisionning with 46xx (we dont use IM)

Vfotineas, the issue is with some Android phone. i'll try with an iPhone but i dont use it everytime.

Hello,

Yes I know it's not the best solution to open it to internet.. it's an another debate.
Topology settings is ok (open internet / public IP

When I call a number, it come to the PBX, but sometime not on the application (Workplace IX for Android).
the issue is I can't reproduce with my iPhone..
It's like when you're sick. you go to the doctor, the symptoms have disappeared

it's very strange!

It's not really a debate, what you done is created a backdoor to your network and anyone can exploit your system, most system configuration information can be obtained without a password if you know what APIs to use.

On the Android issue the only time I had this was when it turned out the users where terminating the app since they are used to doing that on their phones. Also when NAT is involved the keepalives need to happen more often than the time it takes for the firewall to close the used port.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Make sure you have enabled Notifications for the Workplace app in Android settings, you should see the Avaya "A" logo in the notification bar.

This indicates the app is running in the background and should receive calls.

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

Dear all,

I’ve tested correctly with iPhone on last iOS and with a Huwaei P20 and it work perfectly.
It seems there is an issue with one model of Samsung, used by a lot of people.
I’ll keep yon posted.
Thanks to everyone for your help!

Exactly the same setup as you. Directly connected to the internet. No SBCE, for 5 years now. Never had a security issue.

Now what I have seen, since this pandemic started is SIP lines at the interconnect being at capacity. When this happens, calls will not go through.

It's very random, and nothing you can do about it. This is most problematic if you live in an geography that is served by a smaller telco.

Not saying this is what's going on with your system, but it's worth investigating.

good too know, I'm not the only one !
I see a lot of register trying, but like everywhere :) a good login / password will be good !
The only hacking I had, is on the WEBLM server provided by Avaya :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back