Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue transferring calls from IPO to Micom

Status
Not open for further replies.

sutton220

Vendor
Nov 1, 2005
US
Customer has an IP office connecting to another MICOM sitting physically next to it through a T1 connection. You are able to use the MICOM to dial other MICOMS located all over the world. Other MICOMS are able to reach the IP Office to reach certain extension.

The issue I’m experiencing and if anyone could help please get me any advice PLEASE do!!!!

Problem: 800 number points to one of the DID's. The DID comes into the system fine. They want calls to this 800 number forwarded to a remote MICOM. I used the following short code to access the local MICOM.

Short Code: *82
Telephone Number: 00,,,234
Line: 3
Feature: Dial

The extension of the remote MICOM is 00 and the extension of customer service is 234. From my test phone I'm able to dial *82 and it rings to the remote location. When I direct the incoming number to code *82 the call is showed as connected on the phone and in call status it shows the call status as ringing. I hear nothing but dead silence on the phone. Again if I dial *82 I hear ringing and the customer service workers pick it up. When I direct a incoming call to the *82 you hear no ringing and it does not ring the remote location. If anyone has worked with MICOMS and IP Offices before please give me any advice.

Thank in advance

Does the Micom have any realtime tools that will show digits received or can you put a T1 test set (T-berd) between the two boxes? That's the next route I'd take. Sounds like either IP Office isn't sending or there's a timing issue.
Mike

When the calls come in they go out over the T1 between the IPO and the MICOM and you see that a line on the MICOM is being used but the phone call is never connected. I think that the IP Office is trying to Dial extension 234 before it is be connected to the remote MICOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back