Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue Stop-A from telnet session

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbbyleo

IS-IT--Management
Sep 10, 2002
US
I have 2 SUN boxes. Neither has a console. I had setup Box1 successfully using a laptop and connecting directly to the serial port. I had also successfully setup the RSC card.

I don't have the laptop anymore.

I simply use RSC or telnet to communicate with Box1. I have successfully configure "tip hardwire" to communicate to Box2 from Box1.

My question is, if I'm logged in to Box1 thru telnet (Windows client)...and I tip hardwire into Box2, how can I issue a Stop-A command?

Nope, haven't seen that. I'm assuming you're refering to the 'Tip of the Week" section on "Solaris on Headless PCs". I'll give it a shot and let you know how it goes.

As always, thanks!

Maurits!

It worked like a charm.
For those of you looking at this now, the quick answer to my question was... the key combination that has the equivalent of a Stop-A is: ~#

Thanks a bunch Maurits and who ever wrote such article.

We are always happy to help.

Always keep tips & tricks in your bookmarks ;-) you never know if you need it or if you can help someone else with it.
When your using so many diffrent OS's (well I am currently :) ) it's always handy to have those tips & tricks ready.

--

Maurits

~ There is no place like 127.0.0.1 ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back