Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue logging into IP500V2 first time, new box

Status
Not open for further replies.

FractalTelecom

Programmer
Mar 4, 2014
US
Stumping my head on this one. Has anybody had issues logging into the IP500V2, first time on either LAN1 or 2? I can ping it, the IP address pulls up in manager in the log in window, but it will not allow me to check the box. I have tried 2 different PC's. One with R91 service pack 9, and another with R91 7 installed.

I have normal flashing heartbeat lights on the IPO.

I have tried direct access and DHCP both, on both LANs. When I open manager, the select IP office window pops for about a second and disappears. Then I try direct and the unit appears with the correct IP address, but selection is grayed out.

If it is greyed out then you are probably not using the right version.
I suspect that your SD card came with version 10.0 on it.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Ok, so that was the issue - they shipped me an R10 box with an R91 license. How do I get the box to R91? When I tried adding the license it wanted PLDS which I dont think we are set up for yet. I read if I use PLDS it will wipe earlier licenses. Can I do this with a backup SD card?

"! WARNING: Upgrading pre-Release 10.0 Systems:
IP Office Release 10 and higher only support PLDS licenses. To upgrade a system that is using ADI licenses, those
licenses must first be migrated to PLDS.
· License migration is done by obtaining a license migration file using IP Office Manager (Tools | License
Migration) and then submitting that file to Avaya. Note that this process also migrates any virtual licenses
entitlements the system has to equivalent PLDS licenses but now associated with the feature key. Only
upgrade the system once the replacement PLDS license file for the system has been obtained. Note that
following license migration, Avaya will delete all records of any ADI license entitlements it holds for that feature
key.

Did you get a LAC code or ADI licenses as before in an Excel file?

You should be able to downgrade it to 9.1 and then install the licenses.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Sounds it is time for either a training or a call to a certified AVAYA partner.
As we make a living on this kind of stuff it is inapproriate to start a basic training course here.
To my point of view this thread ends here.

I have 29 IPO certs, sorry to both you Intigrant but its a forum to ask questions. I do understand your concern. I am an Avaya business Partner.

Janni78, I received an ADI in a spreadsheet, typical. I know how to upgrade and downgrade, but have never had to downgrade a R10 box to R9 and the new PLDS system.

Thanks all

Just recreate the sd card using your laptop and R9 Manager. Pop it into the IP500V2 and add the ADI licenses as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back