Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue loading 3.2.99 loader for DSv2 Expansion Module

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccctech

Vendor
Nov 3, 2005
US
I tried upgrading 406V2 3.2(54) with 2 30 port DCP expansion modules. According to Tech Bulletin #80 you change the binary directory to the V3_2_999 directory then use the Upgrade wizard as normal to upgrade the expansion modules to 3.2.99 loader first. It would automatically check the two expansion modules to be upgraded and prompt for password. After the password was entered it would immediately fail. To resolve this I temporarily renamed the file naDCPv2 to naDCPv2_4.0 in the Manager directory. I then copied nadcpv2 from the V3_2_999 directory to the Manger directory and changed the binary directory to Manger. Proceeded to use the Upgrade wizard to only load the 3.2.999 loader to the expansion modules. Deleted the nadcpv2 in the Manager directory and renamed the naDCPv2_4.0 back to naDCPv2. Then upgraded control and expansion units normally. This worked for me I hope it helps someone else out as well

Just to clarify I believe the documentation says to change the Working directory, not the binary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back