Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Issue dialing a number with no hold conference (CM8) 1

MGS_33

Systems Engineer
Jul 24, 2024
GB
Hi Guys,

I'm encountering an issue and could use some assistance. We utilize a language line that our call assessors occasionally need. I've programmed an abbreviated-dialing button to dial the number, including the pin followed by a #. This method eliminates the need for call assessors to manually enter the pin; they simply press the abbreviated dial button. When the abbreviated dial is used alone, it functions correctly. However, when combined with the no hold conference button, it bypasses the pin and accesses the main menu directly and asks for the pin again.

For example, my dial code is set as:

90800237943#391678

The pin is the six digits following the #.

Attempts to use ~p, ~w functions have been unsuccessful.

Any thoughts?

It may be a little convoluted, but you could try using a Remote Coverage Point:

Code:
change coverage remote 1                                       Page   1 of  23

REMOTE CALL COVERAGE TABLE
                       ENTRIES FROM 1    TO 1000

1: 999100%,391678#       16:                       31:

999100 = A "short code". The remote coverage points have a maximum length of 16 characters so we have to use the UDP table get to the real number. Pick a number that fits in your dial plan.
% = Tells CM to wait for the call to be answered, regardless of the number of rings.
, = Pause, about 1.5 seconds
391678# = Your Pin

Code:
change uniform-dialplan 999100                                 Page   1 of   2
                       UNIFORM DIAL PLAN TABLE
                                                              Percent Full: 0

Matching                   Insert              Node
  Pattern       Len Del      Digits     Net Conv Num
 999100          6   6       0800237943 ars  n

Create a virtual station and a coverage path that uses the remote coverage point and assign that to your autodial button. Now, when the button is pressed, the call hits the station, goes to coverage, and uses the remote coverage point to dial the short code, and wait for the call to be answered before dialing the PIN. UDP coverts the short code to the outside number.

Just a thought.

Thanks for your help. I did think of a coverage answer group but didn't think of using the udp function to shorten the field length.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back