Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISS and Spam!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nath01

Technical User
Apr 13, 2004
GB
I am running windows 2000 server with ISS runing and a SMTP virtual server running, i want to block emails sent to admin@ourdomain.com as we get 100s each day is this posable?

We have spam software installed but i want to try and cut down on this type of messages

Thanks for any help

I would configer one outlook client (if you use outlook) and let it get the administator mail. put a filter in this outlook client that moves all mail to admin@yourdomain.com to the trash bin.

greetings

tank you,

(>" "<)
(='o'=)
-(,,)-(,,)------------------------------
LORD_GARFIELD
---------------------------------------

Yes, that would work but, we run spam software between that and the exchange server and this is picking up all the mails from there and sending them to a spam mailbox i want to try and block them so they do not even hit the server.

Delete the admin@ email address, all emails should bounce with recipient unknown, unless you are using that email for other purposes.

We do not have an admin email address, the iss is just a transport it d/l the messages then they are scanned by a 3rd party spam checker then if they pass they go to exchange and then if the address is not there it will bounce them back, the problem is all the mail to that address is spam so it is getting picked up by the spam software before it hits exchange i need a way of blocking that address in the SMTP transport. if this is posable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back