Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISQL Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

Consty

Technical User
May 1, 2003
CM
Hi all,
How to trace commands launched with "isql".
I suppose that there exists a mechanism for security.
Thanks for help
Consty

Hahahaha....sorry. I supposed the same thing some time ago much to my chagrin. You might want to look into informix's Trusted Facility tool, its basically auditing for the database and pretty simple to set up but adds overhead and can create some HUGELY BLOATED log files if you over-audit.

If you are running on unix, you could replace the isql executable with a shell script having the same name that logs the commands and then passes the commands to the original (renamed) executable. I do this for all of my dangerous/sensitive unix commands that I HAVE to sdhare with ops and programmers...Something like:

# rename isql isql.orig
:
#echo "`date|` `whoami|` $@" >> /sysadmin/.isqllog
wai () { if [ -x /usr/bin/whoami ] ; then
whoami
else
echo "no whoami"
fi
}
if [ -f /sysadmin/.isqllog ] ; then
echo "`date \"+%D %T\"` `wai` `pwd` $@" >> /sysadmin/.isqllog
else
echo "`date \"+%D %T\"` `wai` `pwd` $@" >> /sysadmin/.isqllog
fi
/u/informix/bin/isql.orig "$@"

Thanks a lot for your help, I'll try it.

I have read your script, It's Ok to know who launched
isql, date and time.
Now if I have well understood, to know who lanched isql commands (select, insert etc ...), I need to install Informix Trusted Facility.
It's the Online version, I remember when working with SE engine that we could get the results if we initialise a
SPOOL file. Is there a similar way with Online ?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back