Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISP Upgrade 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bollard

IS-IT--Management
Feb 1, 2007
US
Hi,

We are upgrading from DSL to a T1 line and I was just wondering what I need to be ready for as far as any issues we may run into, we are also changing service providers. Neither my boss or I have done anything like this before, so any help would be greatly appericated.

Thank you.

Well... you need to be more specific in regards to what services do you have in house. If your email and web services are handled by an outside company (as I would image you have), then all that is required to make the appropriate changes on your router, then you are good to go!

Do you also run things such as FTP servers, VPN tunnels, etc.?

Thank you for replying, we actually made the switch this past Saturday and, luckily everything went smoothly. We have just run into problems that are out of our control, like other servers not recognizing our new DNS, we have communicated the problem with them and it is being corrected, but thank you for the advice!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back