Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISP Problem at the CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

abuatiya

Technical User
Oct 4, 2002
KW
Dear All Experts

Im working in big ISP “ Carrier”. We have problem & many engineer tried to solved but they could not.

The problem is that many users complaining of “ page can not be display at some site “ due to that I applied access list for the site IP on my Gatway Border “ Cisco 7500 “ to bypass the cache engine. The access list entry are very big now, that consuming 45% of the Catalyst switch “ 6500 ‘” CPU

We are looking to make Spoof at the catalyst to avoid Page can not display but the problem is the cataly CPU is high due to access-list entry at the border to bypass some Ips on the cache.

Please to help me in any way to decrease the CPU process

Note : WCCP running at the S/W not the border

Regards,

Can you send the following to the forum:

- sh ver
- sh proc cpu | e 0.00 (if that does not work then just "sh proc cpu")

Also how big is the access-list in question?

Thnx for your reply dear,

you want the sh ver & cpu at the border or catalyst & what do you mean by ' in question ' at the access-list ?

On the catalsyt please. What exactley do you mean you want to make a "spoof" on the catalyst?

Ok dear i'll send them to you :) Thnx for you help

Is route-cache disabled? Sometime people disable it, and run into scalability problems.

Also, what is the supervisor module you are using on your 6500?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back