Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

isolation environment? hanging apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmontano

IS-IT--Management
Aug 7, 2001
US
Hi, I have a new Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 advanced installation.

I have a problem with apps (Acrobat 7, Office apps) freezing for a minute then becoming responsive again. I did some research and see Appliction Isolation environments mentioned as a possible solution.

I went through the manual, but I do not have the Isolation mode options in my managment console.

Under my farm all i see is Application, Metafram admins, Load evaluators, policies, printer management and servers.

When I go to the farm properties I dont see an option for isolation (page 255 in Citrix manual).

I don't seem to have aiesetup installed on my server.

I did a full install from the software delivery from citrix, did drive remap, install license server, and then presenation server. I have all the components installed.

Hoping I am missing something obvious.

Thanks

Hmmmmm is Isolation for levels above Standard, i.e. Advanced and Enterprise ?

I would very much doubt that that will fix your problems thoough. Those are standard apps and should work just fine.

[blue] Oh you know, just doing what I do.[/blue]

Cheers
Scott

After some more research, looks like it is for Enterprise only. Pretty annoying that the help system for Advanced talks about it and its not even available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back