Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

iso CDs of red hat problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

btstar

Programmer
Feb 18, 2002
KW
hi all,
i download redhat iso cd's (1,2,3)and now it is on my HDD.
i want write it on cd,how can i write it on cd that it be bootabel.
THX

btstar,

Yes you should be able to. If you are using nero try File > Burn CD image then choose the iso files with the default settings and they should be bootable. Read the help files for whatever program you are using to see how to burn a CD image. Simply burning the ISO file onto a disk won't work so dragging over doesn't make a bootable CD. Think of an ISO as a huge zip file that can be burned to see its content. You just have to burn your cd by telling your software that it is an ISO image.

If you burned your CDs correctly remember to check in the BIOS (at boot time your computer tells you to press DEL or F2 to enter BIOS or SETUP). Make sure that booting from CD is an option and it is before the boot from hard drive option so that it kicks in.

I hope you get good luck with that! :)

Gary Haran
==========================

In most cd writing programs it is very simple. If when you look at the file you see the file with in icon of your cd writing program, just double left click on the file and it should load the part of your cd writing program that writes bootable cd's.

Note: Mandrake 9.0 & 9.2 has a cd writing program that is realy easy to use and works very well. Its called K3B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back