Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IsNull function

Status
Not open for further replies.

tjm77

Programmer
Oct 2, 2000
US
I have a Crosstab query that combines two other queries. My problem is that for some of my columns I have a blank or null value. So when the two queries match up by a date relationship they leave blank or null values for ones that do not have that date. In other words, is there a way to insert some type of value like a zero instead of a blank. The Nz function would work perferectly if you could use it in a crosstab. Any ideas?? Cannot use it in the table I am pulling the information. [sig][/sig]

The question is do you need those records where that date is null or not, if not then in the criteria column type in "is not null", otherwise if you are using the crosstab from a report the on format event in the details section of the report will help. Use the code

If IsNull(Me![FieldName]) Then
Me![FieldName]= " "
End If

This is only one of many possible solutions but should do the trick if all you want to do is make that field a space.

Umbane
[sig][/sig]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back