Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISL Sim interface error

Status
Not open for further replies.

totom80

Programmer
Sep 27, 2018
US
Hello,

I created a custom check trailer using an isl and interface but I get an error saying my isl file is found but does not match existing entry from server.

I am on micros3700. any idea why do I get this and how do I fix it.

I have my pms300 file in MICROS\Res\Pos\Etc

Capture_hvxlhn.jpg

You need to push it out to the workstations by using the correct cal etc file.
If its a workstation 5 -/Micros/Res/CAL/W5/Files/CF/Micros/ETC
Also in interfaces set network node to the server and number id digits 9

I have done that already. sorry I forgot to mention.

E:\MICROS\Res\CAL\WS5\Files\CF\Micros\Etc\pms300.isl

the ETC folder was not there so I created one but still didn't work.

Sometimes you will need to reboot the workstation and turn the printer off and on for it to take.

Also in interfaces set network node to the server and number id digits 9

tried that as well and still not working.
rebooted server, printers and workstation....

Can you post the exact error? Have you tried a known working SIM to see if its an error in your coding?

here is the exact error I get from the log. On the workstation I get ISL file not authorized error, check log.
Capture_fiz4x7.jpg

The sim I picked it up here from another thread so I would assume it works and the error log doesn't lead me to believe the issue is with the sim itself.

what version are you on? eg 5.5 or before? or do you have the new isl versions where you need to load them in? 5.6 i think

yes I am on 5.6. I did see that I could load in the ISL. I think I tried that early on, but let me try again... who knows...

got it to work. it in fact needed to be loaded to the interface.

wildbar, do oyu know the variable for the subtotal of the check. Currently I have the tip based on the totaldue @ttldue and I wanted to calculated based on the subtotal. Is there such a variable or do I need to calculated backwards?

Not wildbar, but we never found a "subtotal" variable, so use:
format line2 as " 15% -> $",0.15 * (@ttldue - @tax[1])

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back