Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Iseries 550 Control Panel Reset ? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelDane

Technical User
Jan 17, 2007
DK
Is it possible to reset the Control Panel on an 9406-550 ?
The problem is that we have an preowned 550'er which have had an Service Processor Dump (Panel Code 43) and afterwards only accepts Panel Codes up to 64 when entering service mode (25+26). But i need access to code 65 and beyond. Any suggestions ???

Kind regards,
Michael Malmgaard - IBM Tech.
Dane Computer, Denmark

HTH

For use by service providers.
Service Extended Panel Functions
Control panel functions 50 through 99.

Service functions 50 through 99 are enabled when you select Manual mode and enter function 25 (service switch 1), then function 26 (service switch 2). Sub-functions are used with Functions 51 and 57 through 64.

To enable functions 50 through 99:
Select function 25 and press Enter. The display reads 25 00.
Use the Increment button to select function 26 and press Enter. The display reads 26 00.
Functions 50 through 99 are now available.

You can disable the service functions by selecting and entering either function 25 (service switch 1) or function 26 (service switch 2).

To disable functions 50 through 99, select function 25 and press Enter. Functions 50 through 99 are then no longer available.

Using Sub-functions
How to access and use sub-functions.
Functions 50 to 54–Reserved CE functions
These functions are reserved.
Function 55–Platform dump override
Use this function to view and change dump policy and override variables. This function is available in manual operating mode when activated by the FSP and when the CE functions have been enabled.
Functions 56 to 62–Reserved
These functions are reserved.
Low-Level Debug (LLD) panel functions
Control panel functions 63 through 99.
Parent topic: Extended control panel functions

Mike Butler
Iseries Guy -> PC's gone, SUNs gone - WooHoo
"Never put off 'til tomorrow what you should have done yesterday

Hi Mike,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply ! :)
I understand your answer, but have you got any suggestions if I already have done as you describe, but the highest panel value I can get is 64 ? It seems like the Service Processor dump has blocked for values from 65 to 99 ?!

I have done a SLOW startup (01 B M V=S T) on the system in the hope that it could "cure" the panel / service processor, but :-( it didn't help. Still the panel only goes to 64 in service mode (25 00 + 26 00).

Any good ideas / experimental suggestions are welcome :)

Kind Regards,

Michael.

Kind regards,
Michael Malmgaard - IBM Tech.
Dane Computer, Denmark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back