Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN30e Extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

syndicate47

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2001
GB
Hi

Hoping this is a quick one.

I have an ISDN30e presented to a ground floor location in my office. I plan to install a new PBX in a 2nd Floor Comms Room and need to connect this to the ISDN30e. The final plan is to move the ISDN30e with BT but timescales add a risk to my project.

I thought an option would be to install CAT5e/6 structured cabling between to the 2 locations as an interim fix. Distance isn't more than 50mtrs. What are the considerations here, is it possible?

Then move the ISDN30 modem, that needs to be as close to the PBX as possible.
Best to use CAT5e/6 but use shielded and away from power lines if you need to corss them no problem but not parallel.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

Balanced twised pair or coax.

If twisted pair you should be fine. Remember that ISDN30 is simply E1/2MB at the physical layer

-------------------------------------------

TIP: If you ask a better question, you will get a better reply. Be specific so we can help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back