Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN T1 between NORTEL Opt 81C and a Lucent G3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mestep

Programmer
Jul 25, 2002
US
I am trying to put an ISDN T1 between these two switches. I am the technician for the Option 81C, but I would like the programming for both sides if anyone has it. Has anyone done this before? They want to be able to pass extensions as well as the caller's name. The closest we can get is recieving the main number of the G3 with the caller's name on the Option 81C side. The lucent side can see my extension, but cannot see teh caller's name. Please help!!

Mike

Hoo Boy - Why are you trying to do ISDN/PRI? Right now they do not have transparancy between the PBX's without using QSIG software.

If you are just looking for Name display it might be a costly feature to add.

We are set up between an Option 81C (Rel 25.33) and Lucent G3 (Ver 7?) and we are just using it as a voice pipe, 24 channels. Works great for CDP, but we don't get any ISDN features. Normally you are only getting CPND.

Email me and we can talk about it. It wasn't that hard to set up.

janaya1@satx.rr.com

Name display requires, probably patches. As long as QSIG packages are equiped, voila, with proper RCAP setting, name should be able to show.

This may be late , but I believe the d channel in Qsig along with 3 patches from nortel will do it

I'm also trying to setup a PRI between an 81C and a Lucent G3 (rel 6). They are connected with a T1 crossover cable.

It works but the Nortel is getting a lot of Frame slips.

The Nortel is clocking off the CO, the Lucent is looking at the PRI to the Nortel for Clock.

Any help would be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back