Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN T1 between NORTEL Opt 81C and a Lucent G3

Status
Not open for further replies.

mestep

Programmer
Jul 25, 2002
US
I am trying to put an ISDN T1 between these two switches. I am the technician for the Option 81C. Has anyone done this before? They want to be able to pass extensions as well as the caller's name. The closest we can get is recieving the main number of the G3 with the caller's name on the Option 81C side. The lucent side can see my extension, but cannot see teh caller's name. Please help!!

Mike

Unless you have qsig or DCS turned on in the Definity switch, you may not achieve full display conditions across the PRI T1.

Netcon1

So, the QSIG package will allow him to see our CPND on his switch? I already see his, and he can see my extension. I think the execs will be happy if he can see my CPND. Do you have any ideas on what else to try other than QSIG? He has a Cysco switch connected to it that can pass everything. So, I don't know where else to go with this. HELP!!!!!!!

Mike

QSIG is the generic name for a family of signaling protocols. The Q reference point or interface is the logical point where signaling is passed between two
switches in a private network. QSIG signaling allows certain features to work in a single-vendor or multi-vendor network. QSIG complies with the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) Integrated Services Digital Network (ISDN) private-networking specifications. QSIG is defined by ISO as the worldwide standard for private networks. QSIG uses ISO standard protocols as well as call
independent signaling connections (CISCs), administered as non-call-associated temporary signal (NCA-TSCs).

QSIG Name and Number Identification allows a switch to send and receive the calling number, calling name, connected number, and connected name. QSIG Name and Number Identification displays up to 15 characters for the calling and connected name and up to 15 digits for the calling and connected number across ISDN interfaces.

Check with youe local Avaya Business Partner to see if this is turned on in your switch. If not, you are seeing the D channel information passing through the switch and not the switch information itself

Netcon1

QSIG is not installed on the Lucent switch or the NORTEL switch.

I just did this recently w/ name and number and w/o QSIG. Those interested, feel free to contact me at 937-655-5012.

Kris G.
R&L Carriers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back