Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN PRI Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigaic

Technical User
Feb 8, 2006
GH
We have a card type NTBK50AA and are having problems with leds gone red for OOS and RED. What could be the problem? I am suspecting the PSTN, am I right?

Also even when I set clocking to primary tracking (trck pck) it still shows tracking on free run when I print clock information as below:

DTI000
.ssck 0
ENBL
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER - FREE RUN
PREF - 1
SREF - FREE RUN
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL
NO ERROR

IP DB PORT 1 DSBL
IP DB PORT 2 DSBL
IP DB PORT 3 DSBL
IP DB PORT 4 DSBL
CALL SERVER CLK SRC: CC

Because the card with clocking is not working well, other 3 cards which depend on it for clocking also run for a while and fail (OOS led goes red) and only starts to work when I reset DCH (LD 96) and line (LD 60).

Any assistance on this will be very much appreciated.

Thanx
George

usually your right, a red alarm is no layer 1, physical connection to the pstn is not there.. it can be a card, a loopback plug will make it go yellow then green if the card is good.. loop pins 1 and 2 to pins 4 and 5 to test the card.. i test before i call the carrier in case i can get it up faster...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,
I have looped and all is looks ok (green leds for ACT, CC and DCH).
After that I printed the clock info and this is what I got:

.ssck 0
ENBL
CLOCK ACTIVE
CLOCK CONTROLLER - FREE RUN
PREF - 1
SREF - FREE RUN
AUTO SWREF CLK - ENBL

IP DB PORT 1 DSBL
IP DB PORT 2 DSBL
IP DB PORT 3 DSBL
IP DB PORT 4 DSBL
CALL SERVER CLK SRC: CC

Is there something I have to do on my side? Why is clock controller showing FREE RUN when I set it to primary (trck pck)?

Thanks
George

Is this OPtion 11C and is your trunks E1? If E1 check your LD 73 setting for PRI2 LPTI and SYTI, looks like youir switch is not seeing clocking from Co and auto switches to free run which is your secondary pref.

When this has happend to me i disable the CC card and then enable it
LD 60
dis cc 0
enl cc 0

trck pck

I never try this whit a loop, I always have done it connect it to the carrier.

You have to call your carrier and report the line.

Do you have have another CC card if so set your secondary pref to one of your other stable loops. If not change the Primary refenence to a more stable loop.

What is your software version?.

Patch 19215 at release 04.00T has been identified as causing the system clock to go in to 'Free Run' as indicated by DTC006. This is affecting small systems (11c) only. As a result, time syncronisation is lost and various DTM messages and call cut offs can start to occur.

It maybe wise to remove the patch if you have it on your system.

All the best

Firebird Scrambler
Meridian Programmer in the UK

Useful Nortel forum at
If it's working, then leave it alone!.

It is an 11C at release 03.00T.

Thanks for all your suggestions, but the Carier came along and swapped the faulty link with one that was working (the alarms moved with it) and all the alarms cleared on the link with the clocking. they now know that the problem is not with the Meridian and and are working to to get the other link back on.

Thanks to all.
George

it's often hard to get the carrier to accept ownership of any problem, your good!

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

John,

They did not quite accept (typical). Once the swap on their side moved the problem, I just called their Boss and told him and he accepted that they have to work on the faulty link. The field guys were still trying to bluff their way. I have 3 PRIs stable and working now (including the one with the clock) and have stopped worrying, but I know they are working on the 4th.

Regards
George

You don't by chance have Frontier as a carrier do you?

I was talking to a former employee of theirs and found out that their end of year bonus is tied to their trouble log. That is why they never want to take ownership of a problem. It infuriates me when I call them to report a trouble and when things start working again, I call them back to ask what the trouble was and get "we didn't do anything it must have been on your end" I've been in this field for well over 20 years and you think I would know when it's on my end (and especially know if I had done anything to correct the issues)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back