Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN PRI loss frames and clocking

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abraham Sheehan

Technical User
Aug 30, 2018
US
We installed a new Avaya IP office at my location in Pennsylvania. It running version 11.0.0.1.0 build 8.
The PRI is configured as follows. Switch type NI2, Framing ESF, Zero Suppression B8ZS, Line signaling CPE, Haul Length 0-115 and clock set to network. This system is working off an extended DEMARC.
Issue since installation is pops and static on inbound calls. We have replaced all the equipment and Verizon has tested head to head with central office at the DEMARC and extended DEMARC. They indicate their test ran clean with no issues. They make test calls on their TBERD and experience no issue. Fingers pointed back to me.
I sent a new control unit scheduled for installation at another site to be used for testing. Same result poping and static. Shipped unit to it finial home , installed and no issues.
Verizon states the circuit listed below is on a 5ESS switch. When I select this as the switch type. The circuit never syncs. It will only sync up set as NI2 but with all the pops,slips,frame loss and red and yellow alarms.

What an I missing. A very frustrated support person. See attached screen shots.

VERIZOON Circuit ID is 4IPZD101763.1 / 101T1ZFCLARPACLDC0MONRPAABH00

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=ab5acfb5-8092-4224-9d88-e45b04e0b367&file=Clarion_IP_office_setting_2-26-19.docx
What is the length the extended dmarc? Have you tried changing the hail length. Also any reason you changed the channel allocation. Usually default is 23->1.

Also have you done a Monitor trace?

That's a LOT of red alarms. If it were me, I'd connect up to the serial port on the smartjack and see what internal history shows - it will almost always tell the tale. The menus are fairly easy to navigate. The carrier may not like you connecting up, but it'll help find the trouble. I would also temporarily put an old CSU in the middle, if nothing more than another test point or device to let you know which side is having trouble. Good luck!

Mike Forrence

I don't have any experience with PRI circuits in the US but in the UK with an ePRI it is ALWAYS the line provider!
then again we don't have a plethora of options to get right (ok there is CRC on or off but this always needs to be set to on :) ) it is simply a case of plunging it in & it works.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back