Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN-PRI (Avaya to Aspect) no ANI

Status
Not open for further replies.

simreal

Technical User
Jun 13, 2006
US
I have an ISDN-PRI trunk between my Avaya S8700 3.1.2 and an Aspect. When I call from the aspect to the avaya I see ANI info but when I call from the Avaya to the Aspect I get no ANI.

Anyone have any idea what I might be missing?

Here is the trunk config on the Avaya side:

Page 1
Code:
            Voice System name: S8700 - Norcross.. - TRUNK GROUP                 

Group Number: 47                   Group Type: isdn          CDR Reports: y     
  Group Name: Tie to Aspect EAST          COR: 95       TN: 3        TAC: #47   
   Direction: two-way        Outgoing Display? y         Carrier Medium: PRI/BRI
 Dial Access? y                Busy Threshold: 255       Night Service:         
Queue Length: 0                                                                 
Service Type: tie                   Auth Code? n            TestCall ITC: rest  
                         Far End Test Line No:                                  
TestCall BCC: 4

Page 2
Code:
      Group Type: isdn                                                          

TRUNK PARAMETERS                                                                
         Codeset to Send Display: 6     Codeset to Send National IEs: 6         
        Max Message Size to Send: 260   Charge Advice: none                     
  Supplementary Service Protocol: a     Digit Handling (in/out): enbloc/enbloc  

Trunk Hunt: cyclical                     QSIG Value-Added? n        
                                                   Digital Loss Group: 13       
Incoming Calling Number - Delete:     Insert:                 Format: unk-unk   
              Bit Rate: 1200         Synchronization: async    Duplex: full     
 Disconnect Supervision - In? y  Out? n                                         
 Answer Supervision Timeout: 0

Page 3
Code:
TRUNK FEATURES                                                                  
          ACA Assignment? n            Measured: both      Wideband Support? n  
                                 Internal Alert? n        Maintenance Tests? y  
                               Data Restriction? n     NCA-TSC Trunk Member:    
                                      Send Name: n      Send Calling Number: y  
            Used for DCS? n                            Send EMU Visitor CPN? n  
   Suppress # Outpulsing? n    Format: unknown                                  
 Outgoing Channel ID Encoding: preferred     UUI IE Treatment: service-provider 

Replace Restricted Numbers? n  
                                                Replace Unavailable Numbers? n  
                                                      Send Connected Number: y  
Network Call Redirection: none                    Hold/Unhold Notifications? n  
             Send UUI IE? n                    Modify Tandem Calling Number? y  
               Send UCID? n                                                     
 Send Codeset 6/7 LAI IE? n                         Ds1 Echo Cancellation? n    

Apply Local Ringback? n               US NI Delayed Calling Name Update? n  

Network (Japan) Needs Connect Before Disconnect? n

I just discovered something else.

When I add an entry in the "public-unknown-numbering" the ANI info does go across to the aspect.

As it turns out when I bring a call in on an external trunk (DID or ISDN) then route that call across the trunk to the aspect the aspect sees the ANI info. For some reason this is only happening with calls from stations on the avaya across the trunk to the aspect.

I have an ISDN-PRI trunk that connects to my my Avaya Predictive Dialer PC 4.0 and the PRI blocks us using the outgoing caller id using the Predictive Dialer - Help! The PRI is local Bellsouth.

I am curious how you are seeing the ANI from Aspect to Avaya. We are running ISDN-PRI tie trunk between Aspect and Avaya S8720 and cannot see the ANI on the avaya display when calls are sent across? we have been working on this for over a year, so any suggestions would be great. we know the ANI is passing but can't see it?

and when going from Avaya to ASPECT, we have the similar cirumstance where there is no real ANI, what we are getting is the station that is sending the call, even if it is a port from our Intuity Audix autoattendnat.

thanks!

I don't recal if we changed anything but i just looked at the settings and they still match what i listed above.

The trunk group is working so I apologize but I don't recall what changed here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back