Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN Internal extension wiring

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhyds

Technical User
Mar 26, 2004
GB
I have a BCM 400 that I want to run ISDN extensions from. The problem is we don't have Cat5 running from the BCM to where we want the ISDN to terminate. We do however have a 20 pair phone cable running there with spare pairs.

Can someone please tell me what pins need to be connected on a voice patch panel to carry an ISDN line? And will we need any fancy termination kit?

If the circuit is anISDN PRI (T1) it uses 2 pair, same as a standard T1 (1,2 and 4,5) requiring an 8 pin plug or jack. If it is just an ISDN line it only uses 1 pair (4,5) which is the middle pins of either an RJ11 or RJ45 plug or jack. Let me know if this helped. Thanks.

Thanks for the info. The line is from an internal phone system (nortel BCM) and should be just basic ISDN BRI (128k).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back