Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN from ATT to MCI

Status
Not open for further replies.

NERIC

Technical User
Apr 18, 2002
Our video conferencing bridge is connected to ATT's network via an ISDN PRI line. We are trying to dial into a codec at the Smithsonian Institute. They have their ISDN line through MCI. ATT tells me that any line through ATT and not a local exchange CANNOT dial into an MCI 800 number.
f you have any suggestion, I'd really appreciate it.
I can't beleive this isn't already a big problem for more people.

It is a big issue when using dedicated LD PRI's into video units. A ded-ded connection between 2 different vendors often have issues if neither posess a local number. You can try 1010222 before the MCI number or 1010288 before dialing the AT&T number. Other than that, you'll both need to dial into a bridging service if you want to connect to each other.

A way around this is to run your video apps behind the PBX so you can use your dedicated LD for outbound and local PRI's for inbound. You can then go further and setup other rules within the PBX to route MCI call via local PRI dialing an MCI pic code if you have AT&T LD and vice-versa. You'll gain many inbound and outbound options and eliminate recurring PRI charges for EACH video unit. You'll just utilize existing voice PRI bandwidth. -CL

I tried to use the prefixes. No luck. I am hoping to do this without adding more ISDN lines. I guess it may not be possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back