Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ISDN BRI Denial

Status
Not open for further replies.

jliebe

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2004
US

I have tried to set up a data-module to allow a cisco router to communiate out one of PRI's. I have set the type of as a 7500, full duplex 64k, ITC as restricted, Default Data Appliacation as M2_S, XID y, Fixed TEI N, MIM y, Endpt y and MIM Mtce/Mgt n.

Everything registers up but when we attempt the call we get denial event 1211: ISDN incompatible dest D1=0x87000c D2=0x258.

Can't seem to figure this one out. Have looked at the Route Patterns but not sure what we really need to do here.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Jimmy

Not sure if your application is the same as mine, but I needed to be able to dial-in to my router and wanted to use my switches PRI so I installed a BRI circuit pack - I set it up using the following:

Definity Side
display data-module 238 Page 1 of 2
DATA MODULE

Data Extension: 238 Name: *BRI #1
Type: wcbri COS: 1
Port: 01C0701 COR: 21 Multimedia? n
TN: 1

ABBREVIATED DIALING
List1:

SPECIAL DIALING OPTION:

CIRCUIT SWITCHED DATA ATTRIBUTES
Default Duplex: full Default Mode: sync Default Speed: 56000

DATA MODULE CAPABILITIES
Default ITC: unrestricted Default Data Application: M0

display data-module 238 Page 2 of 2
DATA MODULE

BRI LINK/MAINTENANCE PARAMETERS

XID? n Fixed TEI? n
Country Protocol: 1 Endpt Init? y SPID: 5551212 Endpt ID: 00

Cisco Side
!
interface BRI0/0
ip unnumbered Loopback0
ip directed-broadcast
encapsulation ppp
no ip route-cache
no ip mroute-cache
no keepalive
isdn switch-type basic-ni
no peer default ip address
no cdp enable
ppp authentication ms-chap pap
!

!
interface BRI1/2
description BRI dial-in/out ISDN and Analog
ip unnumbered Loopback0
ip directed-broadcast
encapsulation ppp
no ip route-cache
no ip mroute-cache
no keepalive
dialer idle-timeout 3600
dialer-group 1
isdn switch-type basic-ni
isdn spid1 555121200
isdn incoming-voice modem
peer default ip address pool dial-in
no cdp enable
ppp authentication ms-chap pap
!

You might have to change the ITC BCIE setting on your route pattern to bothept.

Your PRI vendor must also support 64K data. Most LD's do not support this except for AT&T, MCI, and Sprint. Most also require your BTN of your PRI to be added to an SDS contract/plan. SDS bills differently than regular voice calls (usually about 5 times the voice rate). Who is the PRI vendor?

-CL

Vendor is a local company called Birch. We are still working with all the info. Right now we are playing with the type of switch that we are emulating on the cisco, 5ess seems to work but not sure that is right.

Are you placing a local or LD call? I think Birch is just a reseller with no C.O.. If LD, who is the LD PIC on the PRI?

-CL

They are the complete provider supposedly with there own switch about 10 miles from here. They claim to be the ld carrier as well. The call is a local call but to a different provider. The receiving end is SBC.

They probably drop to 56K in the CO and therefore are not SDS compatible.

-CL

We dropped the data speed to 64k and forced voice mode on the cisco and it looks like it is working. We have a bunch of errors on the other end but think it is tied to the telco provider right now. Will advise further in a bit.

Thanks for everyones help so far!

Jimmy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back